- Parents: Tom & Lisa; siblings Sally, Ellen, Frank, Madeline, Elizabeth, John & George.
- 2017 graduate of Shawnee Mission Northwest High School.
- Part-time job at Paulo & Bill restaurant & Tomahawk golf course, enjoy spending leisure time rock climbing and slackline.
“I am extremely excited for this trip! I am really looking forward to interacting with the kids and look forward to sharing my slackline with them. I am hoping to make a life-time connection with them.”
- Spouse, Rob; adult children Maggie, Lizzie, Brendon, Anna & Morgan.
- Computer systems management.
- Volunteer teaching English to non-English speaking parishioners, Special Minister of the Eucharist, enjoy gardening, cooking and spending time with my family.
“For years, I have been interested in Good Shepherd’s sistering relationship with El Buen Pastor and have always wanted to travel to El Salvador with my daughter Morgan. I look forward to meeting the people of El Buen Pastor. A quote from Ita Ford sums up my feelings as I encounter this journey with the people of El Salvador, ‘I have no solutions to this situation but I will walk with you, search with you and be with you’. ”
- Parents: Robb & Debbie; sister Erin.
- Senior at Bishop Miege High School.
- I am involved with the Liturgy of the Word for kids during weekend Mass at Good Shepherd, member of National Honor Society, Science Club and Scholar’s Bowl at Bishop Miege, volunteer at St. Luke’s South Hospital, play soccer for Sporting Blue Valley and coach soccer camps for children in the summer.
“I want to participate in this delegation and trip to El Salvador because I would like to broaden my worldview. I am looking forward to experiencing a new culture and growing in faith along with the Salvadoran people. I have always had a passion for soccer and I can’t wait to play soccer with the kids at El Buen Pastor!”
- Spouse: Ron; adult children Rebecca and Jonathan.
- Paraprofessional educator with kindergarten & pre-school children.
- Member of the Good Shepherd choir, enjoy reading, cooking and walking.
“The 30 years of hearing, learning and supporting our sistering relationship make me think it must be my turn to go to El Salvador. My daughter traveled several times with the Good Shepherd delegation and I want to have the personal witness to the many places and people that my daughter and former delegates have shared. I look forward to understanding, talking, walking,visiting and sharing with the community and others that I meet in El Salvador. I hope the mosquitoes leave me alone!”
- Mother and step-dad, Annemarie & Rob; Father and step-mom Greg & Jennifer; siblings, Anna, Brendon, Lizzie & Maggie.
- Graduated from Kansas State University in May 2017 with a degree in kinesiology.
- Enjoy traveling, running, clay throwing & spending quality time with my family.
“I look forward to continue to build the beautiful relationship that we have with the people of El Buen Pastor. I know it will be a great cultural and spiritual experience. I think getting out of my comfort zone and going on this journey will be meaningful.”
Maureen Deeds Guth
- Spouse: David; son Zack, daughter-in-law Stacy; two grandchildren, Nolan & Mary; and step-daughter Susan.
- Retired from Johnson County Government in Olathe. Presently work part-time at a financial office.
- Volunteer reader for Audio Reader Network, serve on House Board of a KU sorority, past committee chair within the Kansas City Irish Festival, and oversee the “Tyler Deeds Memorial Fund at Good Shepherd” which supports activities for the youth at Good Shepherd and Buen Pastor.
“My son Tyler’s connection with Buen Pastor is why I am called to go. Tyler visited Buen Pastor in 1998. Tyler died in September 2004 (age 22) while swimming at the lake of the Ozark’s. He downed due to electrocution. There are so many unknowns anticipating this journey but I look forward to visiting the sacred sites and come to know the people of Buen Pastor more closely as well as touch the community mural of Romero, Grande & Tyler!”
- Spouse: Bob; adult children Melanie, Aaron, Tiffany, Megan, Joel & Resa; 14 grandchildren.
- Member of the El Salvador Ministry.
“I am grateful to accompany the seven delegates to El Salvador and for their willingness to engage in this encounter with our brothers and sisters in El Salvador. I anticipate a celebratory visit at Buen Pastor as we celebrate our 30th sistering anniversary. It is inspiring to feel the tremendous support of our parish community as we are ‘sent forth’ to represent Good Shepherd Parish.”
- Parents: Ernesto & Maura
- Attend Donnelly College. Work in the Business office at Donnelly College.
- Honorary member of the Spanish Mass Choir at Good Shepherd, enjoy reading, especially manga and comic books. Aspire to work in Mental Health, currently leaning towards becoming a psychiatrist.
“What really inspired me to go to El Salvador is the fact that I visited my extended family in El Salvador 11 years ago. I really look forward to being more involved in our sister-community. I am fluent in Spanish. I am looking forward to meeting new people and hearing their stories. I can’t wait to experience this journey to El Salvador.”